Saturday, August 13, 2016

Final Photos part 2 Getting Ready

Tamara's Photo shoot February 5 2016

Part 2, Getting ready to look healthy

This is the continued the story from part 1 of the day my Sister received her wish to look healthy one last time.
We move to the first part of the magic, 
Make-up!
 There will be 2 different set of photos here, the ones I took will be in black and white, and Kathleen Rossel's, from Kay Ross Photography are the ones in color.
I am so grateful to her and Mandy Paavola from MP Make-up Artistry for making this all happen.

After we were let into The Twisted Cork for the photo shoot, the first step was to take before photos.
These were really important to Tamara, for herself. 
I think she needed to see what she currently looked like, plus be able to show the magic these 2 amazing ladies truly created.   








 Afterwards, Candi and I took her to the bathroom and changed her into her new clothes. 
It took so much out of her.
After Ben helped get her onto the bench so Mandy could get to work, she looked so tired and done.
This next photo shows how everyone was just rushing around her while she just wished for more strength.


 Mandy was so great!
She showed amazing concern and great care for my Sister. 
She talked her through everything she was going to do first before even starting.


 No matter how hard the position was or uncomfortable, Mandy made sure my sister felt like a queen in those moments.


It was so amazing watching the color come back to Tamara.
It was hard for her at the same time because she never wore much make-up before.
Mandy's goal was to make her look like the natural beauty she was before the cancer.




 This was the first time my Sister ever wore fake eyelashes because she was gifted with natural, extra long ones.
I loved how Mandy had the perfect ones that she could put on that matched what use to be there.











Final step is to bring her lips back to life. 
My favorite part of this photo is Mandy's face and how animated she was.
She probably didn't even realize she was doing it, but brought joy to the whole thing for us.
Tamara would talk about that for a few days after and then again when we were given these photos.



After the make-up magic was done, it was time to move her to the table and chair set up for the first stage of the photos.
It was so hard for her to do.
She just really wished that she could have walked to them it on her own. 
She was grateful for the amazing men in her life there to help. 


This photo is of the last steps she ever took.
It is funny thinking of all the first steps I captured of my kids, I never thought I would take photos of the last steps my sister took. 


No comments: